The School Day
Children must not arrive on the premises before 8.40am.
||School doors open
||Children have a 15 minute morning break.
||Infant Afternoon Break - occasionally
||End of school day
Weekly teaching time (Juniors) – 25 hours 50 minutes.
Weekly teaching time (Infants) – 24 hours 30 minutes.
- Lunchtime is from 12.15 pm to 1.15 pm each day. Children eat either a packed lunch or are provided with a hot lunch which is paid for in advance. All Infants receive a free hot lunch. If you wish to buy hot lunches for Juniors please order them at www.mealselector.co.uk.
- Application forms for free meals for those families who are eligible are available from the School Office.
- Packed lunches should be brought to school in a lunch box, clearly labelled with the child's name. Non-fizzy drinks may be brought to school in non-breakable, leak-proof bottles. Water is always available.
- We aim to create a calm, well-mannered atmosphere in which our children can enjoy their meals together, as we believe that it is an excellent opportunity to help children to develop social skills and good manners.
- Lunchtime play is an exciting and well-organised time at Handcross Primary School and is run by an excellent team of Playtime Organisers who love their job. There is a wide variety of activities and equipment available and many of the older children run clubs for the younger children, making sure that no one is left out.
We are a Healthy School
We actively encourage the children to eat healthily and adopt a healthy lifestyle. The infants receive free fruit and vegetables daily. Whenever we eat in school we always consider the nutritional value of the food, e.g. Christmas Lunch and Easter Breakfast and Food Technology. However, we do have sweets occasionally as treats, e.g. Easter Egg Hunt, end of term rewards and fundraising events. Some children like to bring in a 'little something' for each child in their class to celebrate their birthdays. Sweets and cakes are NOT permitted but if you wish, very inexpensive, suitable items can be brought instead e.g. balloons.